Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Why do I prefer lego to baby showers?

Maybe there's something wrong with me! But I am infinitely more attracted to the idea of going to a party tomorrow night to play with legos, than I would be if it were only to talk about baby showers. I don't mind babies, especially if they like to play with lego - or dance around the room, open and close water bottles, etc. It's just the baby showers, the knitting, the wedding dresses - the girly stuff, in other words. I would rather have a game of chess, hike up a mountain, go hang gliding. One wedding I really enjoyed was my cousin's, because we had a belly-dancing lesson for the hen-night (aka bachelorette party) and then we belly-danced together on the dance floor.

Sometimes I feel as though I am some third kind of sex. Not male or female, straight or gay, but differing along another axis of variation, a third dimension. Feminist, perhaps...

I like pink accessories, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment