Thursday, February 19, 2009

Why is it so easy to fall in love?

I did it twice this week. Once as a result of (okay, pretty wonderful) sex and being accepted, and the second time simply from talking with someone who seemed to like me, and looking him in the eyes. Now I'm not sure whether I'm in love with both or if one, which. Being with the two of them concurrently makes no sense. I'll probably just wait and see who calls back, if anybody.

I have a theory about what I call the construction of the soul. Some people's minds, mine included, contain an inner conversation which is more a dialog than a monologue whereas other people each talk alone as 'I' on the empty stage of their mind. I have some friends whose souls are constructed like mine. I imagine the person to whom my thoughts are addressed as a soulmate, and being 'in love' with someone, in my world, means being that person. I think that the people whose soul is constructed differently mean something else by being 'in love'. Unfortunately, both of the men I'm in love with seem to have the other soul construction.

Maybe someday I will fall in love with somebody whose soul is constructed like mine, and we will vanish in a puff of our own imaginations.

No comments:

Post a Comment